12.24.2009

GF English Muffin Treats

Have you ever tried English Muffins with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey? If you haven't, you're missing out. My grandmother, affectionately known as Babi Olga, used to make this for me as a special treat when I was little. It's warm & toasty, a touch of salt and a bit of sweetness all in one bite.

I haven't had an english muffin since going gluten-free. But when I came across this recipe on Karina's Kitchen, those memories came back and I could almost taste my old favorite.

Although I'm not 100% vegan, I have been leaning more towards the lifestyle lately. I just find that I feel much better when I cut animal products out of my diet. So I adapted my delicious treat by replacing the pat of butter with Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread and the drizzle of honey with agave. Luckily, Karina's recipe is already Vegan friendly so I followed her recipe using agave instead of honey, and almond milk instead of hemp because it was in my cupboard. I don't have muffin rings and was dying to make these so I used my muffin pan which accounts for the funny shape.

These are delicious!!! Crusty on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside. They are ridiculously easy to make and can be wrapped and frozen for future treats. I'll be ordering muffin rings this week since I have a feeling this will become a staple in my home.

I enjoyed mine with a pink grapefruit & cup of coffee. What a great way to start the day!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for English muffins! Sweet - about your Babi Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Karina! I have a GF Vegan friend who is going to LOVE these. Can't wait to try more off your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. muffins look so delicious/will be getting out my baking supplies & hope mine come out as good as yours look/ babi will be so happy to read-she will feel like a celebrity!!!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally delicious! I love hearing beloved grandmother stories. I was blessed to have one who pampered me, too. :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.